Administering and enforcing Australia’s measurement framework that underpins trade and investment - including where measurement forms the basis of a transaction or is used for legal purposes.
- National Measurement Act 1960
- National Measurement Regulations 1999
- National Trade Measurement Regulations 2009
- National Measurement Guidelines 2016
- Everyone responsible for using measurement for trade or legal purposes in Australia, including: industry, research organisations and government agencies.
- Businesses and consumers benefit from the level playing field afforded by the regulatory framework.
Industry, Science and Resources
Internal to department / external entity