The Department regulates to achieve the objectives of the Road Vehicles Standards Act 2018 (RVSA) by administering legislation that sets national standards for road vehicles, regulates the first supply of road vehicles in Australia, establishes a Register of Approved Vehicles (RAV), and establishes a framework for recalling unsafe road vehicles and road vehicle components.
- Road Vehicle Standards Act 2018
- Road Vehicle Standards Rules 2019
- Road Vehicle Standards (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Act 2018
- Related charging legislation and legislative instruments.
- Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989*
- Motor Vehicle Standards Regulations 1989*
* This legislation is being replaced by the RVS framework and will be repealed on 1 July 2023 following a 2 year transitional period.
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Vehicle importers
- Component manufacturers
- Testing Facilities
- Registered Automotive Workshops
- Authorised Vehicle Verifiers
- Model Report developers