The AER is an independent decision making body responsible for regulating wholesale and retail energy markets, and energy networks, under national energy legislation and rules. The AER focuses on ensuring a secure, reliable and affordable energy future for Australia. The functions mostly relate to energy markets in eastern and southern Australia.
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA)
- Competition and Consumer (Consumer Data Right) Rules 2020
- National Electricity Law and Rules
- National Gas Law and Rules
- National Energy Retail Law and Rules
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
Wholesale and retail energy markets, and energy networks.